Cybersecurity is a large and complex domain, particularly when it comes to application security. For many busy technology executives, they simply don’t have the time to navigate these cloudy waters.
With that in mind, we have created a series to help busy technology execs like you navigate through the often poorly understood field of application security and the array of options out there.
An application security program is made up of:
- People such as Security Champions in a dev team
- Process including governance and metrics
- Technology that automates code security scanning among other security tasks
The usual application security challenges encountered by organizations building software include:
- Unclear of understanding of what is needed to build an effective AppSec program
- Being required to get a “pentest” and not knowing how to choose the right provider, or if pentesting is the right thing to do
- Lack of knowledge when it comes to the AppSec tools and processes such as threat modelling, and how to best incorporate them into the development processes
- Unable to hire AppSec SMEs due to shortage of such professionals
In this Fast Forward series, we discuss the key pillars of application security and address the above topics in no more than 1-2 minutes each. We hope these videos help clear up a few things. If you want to discuss any of these topics, don’t hesitate to get in touch!